Often weddings are booked so far in advance, that by the time the bells chime in midnight of YOUR year, it can come as a bit of a shock! Well, if 2018 is the year you exchange Miss for Mrs, panic ye not, this wedding photographer is here to make sure you’re all set.
Assuming you haven’t also STARTED your planning in 2018 (if you have, check out this super article on Hitched), then hopefully you’ve got all the main elements of your wedding planned and booked already. Venue, marriage application, insurance, catering and cake, cars, photographer, videographer, dress, suit, florist, hair and make up, DJ or live entertainment and a honeymoon.
Get it done now!
So by now, we’re talking more about the finer details. The favours, thank you gifts and decor. To help you get organised, here’s a quick run down of the Must Haves that you can finalise NOW:
- Invitations (usually sent out 3 months before the big day)
- RSVPs, make sure you’ve collated your replies so you know your numbers before meeting with your venue/caterers for the final time
- Dress/Suit alterations, then no weight gain or loss once it’s fitting perfectly!!!
- Table plan, place names, etc
- Agree the running order and timings with your reception venue
- Decide on music for walking down the aisle to and for your first dance
- Decide on any readings for the ceremony and agree who will be making speeches
- If you have a lot of children attending, any extra entertainment or some toys/colouring books
- Double check that your passport is valid if you’ll need it for your honeymoon and that tickets are booked in the same name as your passport
Last minute prep!
Get these all organised now and you’ll be fairly relaxed in the last month or so before your wedding. Don’t kid yourself you can leave these until the week before as there will be OTHER things to sort at the last minute, including:
- Checking in with all your suppliers; cake maker, florist, musicians, wedding photographer and videographer to make sure everyone has the correct date, time and location
- Making sure the wedding rings are safe, secure and ready to take to the church
- Collecting your dress and suits
- Wearing in your shoes so they don’t rub your feet on the day
- Making sure you have transport organised to get you home the next day
- And someone who will keep your keys safe all day once you’ve left the house!
- Transfer any outstanding payments to suppliers
If you’re doing any of your venue decor yourself, you’ll need to fit this in the day or so before the wedding too. Or maybe you’ll be in the spa being totally pampered and glammed up ready.
However you utilise your time and whatever wedding plans you have, remember why you’re doing this and make sure the two of you spend some time just being YOU together. Have a date night where all wedding talk is banned and take time to just enjoy each others company once in a while.
Have a look through my gallery of wedding photos and find some inspiration for any other last minute details you’d like to add, if you have time!